M&A Investment Banking Analyst
Objective, Investment Banking & Valuation is seeking a highly motivated M&A Investment Banking Analyst to join our growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone passionate about investment banking and looking to take on a key analytical role supporting transaction execution and business development.
M&A Investment Banking Analyst
At Objective, Investment Banking & Valuation we are dedicated to exceeding expectations in all we do. We work tenaciously to create exceptional results for our clients! Both our client service and culture are second to none, stemming from our firmwide embrace of our five core values:
- We are uncompromising advocates for our client’s objectives,
- We believe collaboration leads to the best decision-making,
- Consistent excellence creates consistent outcomes,
- We enjoy hard work; it’s the only way to achieve exceptional results, and
- We are committed to fulfilling the lives of both our clients and our team members.
We have grown significantly over the past several years and expect continued growth. As such, this is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual. Sound like a place you can grow and succeed? Read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity to join our team.
The M&A Investment Banking Analyst will be responsible for leading the analytical work in support of transaction execution and new business development, as well as assisting senior bankers in the development and delivery of value-added investment banking products and services to clients and prospects.
This position should expect a great deal of client exposure and this role will require demonstrated skill sets in the fundamentals of valuation, business strategy and client communication. Due to the entrepreneurial spirit of the firm, Analysts are encouraged to take on as much responsibility as they can successfully handle. In addition, given the firm’s belief in staffing deals with smaller teams, this role will have daily contact with senior bankers and client executives. This position reports directly to the Managing Director, Investment Banking.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for oversight and accuracy of Analyst duties, including review of modeling, research methodology and deal execution activities.
- Assists in planning the approach and writing significant portions of Confidential Information Memoranda, pitches and management presentations, as well as oversee the development of such documents.
- Participate in strategic discussions surrounding the transaction, establishing buyer research criteria and profiles, preparing documents for various parties, participating in valuation development and analysis, managing some consulting projects or smaller deals will also be required.
- Leads and edits buyer research information received from Analysts; ensures data is complete, verified, synthesized, analyzed and may be involved in completing some research independent of Analysts.
- Creates and populates the database of targeted outreach to prospective buyers (or other). Ensures collateral materials are developed and delivered to all parties. Initiates some calls and correspondence to interested buyers; completes necessary follow-up.
- Leads development of all quantitative analysis and modeling activities to ensure information is accurate (historical data, projection assumptions, formulas) and complete. Performs stress tests around assumptions to ensure integrity of analysis.
- Direct experience working with, and strong fundamental understanding of, financial data and conducting quantitative analyses related to company valuations, implementation of three statement financial models, detailed revenue build analyses, and comparative and pro forma analyses.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and financial statement composition.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of a sell-side and buy-side M&A advisory process.
- Performance of research and analyses pertaining to client, industry, and technical matters related to, as well as troubleshoot and derive creative solutions related to, the M&A transaction process.
- Strong understanding of the global economy and M&A market trends that impact our clients and industries of focus.
- Ability to mentor Analysts, manage clients, and follow direction from senior bankers while working on multiple transactions.
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of proactively identifying and addressing client needs. Building solid relationships with clients; develop an awareness of firm services; approach client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; deliver clear requests for information; demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
- Utilizing effectively strong written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with clients and firm staff and/or management in a professional services business environment.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is preferred
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years investment banking (M&A), private equity, venture capital, or corporate finance experience preferred
- Must possess and be able to apply critical thinking skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and experience preferred
- Effective business communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative, and show strong attention to detail is critical
- Possess a positive, team-oriented attitude with a commitment to excellence and integrity
- Self-driven individual with high level of motivation, ingenuity, and resourcefulness
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Decisive, persistent, result-oriented, self-starter who possess grit
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
We offer competitive compensation with salary and bonus. We also offer industry leading benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with employer match, employer paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts, employee assistant program, and employee discounts via Insperity. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and unlimited paid time off.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please email your information, cover letter and resume through the form below:
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Job Location: San Diego, CA