VP or Director, Business Development
At Objective, Investment Banking & Valuation we are dedicated to exceeding expectations in all we do. We work tenaciously to create exceptional results for our clients! Both our client service and culture are second to none, stemming from our firmwide embrace of our five core values:
- We are uncompromising advocates for our client’s objectives,
- We believe collaboration leads to the best decision-making,
- Consistent excellence creates consistent outcomes,
- We enjoy hard work; it’s the only way to achieve exceptional results, and
- We are committed to fulfilling the lives of both our clients and our team members.
We have grown significantly over the past several years and expect continued growth. As such, this is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual. Sound like a place where you can grow and succeed? Read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity to join our team.
This position will play a pivotal role in expanding our client base, driving revenue growth, and building market presence. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional with a strong network, a proven track record in sourcing and generating qualified leads, and an in-depth understanding of the investment banking landscape.
We are looking for someone that can generate qualified leads (i.e. companies that will sell for between $25 million and $150 million in targeted industry sectors) and collaborate with our team to turn them into clients.
This person will have a track record of establishing connections with senior professionals and referral partners at law firms, accounting firms, wealth management firms, etc. and with business owners and executives in middle market companies. This person must possess a proven ability to connect with, engage with and influence business owners and executives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Business Development & Client Acquisition: Identify, qualify, and pursue new business opportunities within target areas of expertise and geographies with the goal of generating highly qualified leads.
- Outbound Marketing Activities: Responsible for activities that involve reaching out to potential clients through various means. Including but not limited to: advertising, direct outreach (cold calling), direct email campaigns, trade shows, conferences and seminars.
- Relationship Management: Maintain and deepen existing referral partner relationships through regular check-ins, updates, and understanding their evolving needs. Collaborate with team members on the growth, development, and management of the referral network.
- Strategy Development: Collaborate with leadership team to develop and refine the firm’s growth strategies.
- Market Analysis: Monitor industry trends, competitor activities, and market dynamics to position Objective advantageously.
- Networking: Represent Objective at industry events, conferences, and seminars to enhance brand visibility and establish industry connections.
- Collaboration: Partner with internal teams, including marketing to ensure seamless client experiences.
- Responsible for CRM management (Lists, leads, targets, etc.) by entering and updating opportunities status within the firm’s CRM, DealCloud.
- Develop and implement methodology for digital lead generation.
- Utilizing effectively strong written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with clients and firm staff and/or management in a professional services business environment.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, (or a related discipline) is preferred
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in business development or a related field is expected, with a proven ability to drive growth
- Track record of establishing collaborative working relationships with team members
- Possess a positive, team-oriented attitude with a commitment to excellence and integrity
- Self-driven individual with high level of motivation, ingenuity, and resourcefulness
- Decisive, persistent, result-oriented, self-starter who possess grit
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective business communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Total compensation is dependent on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additionally, we offer the following as part of our Total Compensation Program:
- Quarterly bonus program
- Medical, dental and vision plans for employee and dependents + on demand telehealth
- HSA, FSA, and DCFSA pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- Short and long-term disability insurance plus life & AD&D benefits
- An annual allowance towards professional development opportunities
- Unlimited PTO plus ten paid holidays annually
- A hybrid work environment with flexible hours including working from home which includes an annual allowance to cover necessary business-related items for your home office
- 401k with match to help you reach your financial goals
- Employee Assistance Program
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Job Location: Remote